Utilizing the National 4-H's Science Day materials "Rockets to the Rescue" you will create a rocket to transport food abnd rescue items.
Drop in to participate in the "Rockets To The Rescue" NYSD activity.
4-H Tech Wizards will be hosting our annual symposium.
Rockets to the Rescue hands-on activity for grades 4 and up. Pre-registration is required.
This workshop is being offered to help 4-H members create visibility for their efforts and tell their story in a compelling and meaningful way.
Hands-on Science Activity - Aerospace.
MSU Extension will be putting on 4-H, SNAP Ed, Master Grdener and Ag demonstrations.
Be energized at this workshop with new ideas for working with youth in arts, crafts, sewing and textile projects.
This training is designed to help science educators use school hoop houses to meet next generation science standards using the garden as a prism to explore the sciences.
Registered youth will construct a rocket to transport food and supplies during a national disaster.
Science & Technology
Science can be defined as the study of the world around us; a thread that runs through all aspects of our lives. Science is the theory that lies behind all 4-H projects. Technology can be defined as the tools and applications of science that help individuals advance their world and their own development.
The strength of 4-H lies in its strong volunteer base, its emphasis on hands-on experiential learning opportunities, programs that connect learning to real-life situations and its connection to the Land-Grant University system.
The Michigan 4-H science and technology program area cuts across all program and project areas. It is also specific projects in 4-H such as aerospace, computers, small engines, electricity, electronics, astronomy and robotics.
Visit the National 4-H Council for science education information.
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or
Jacob DeDecker, Program Leader
- 2013 Michigan 4-H Impact Reports
- 4-H Science Blast in the Class! Teacher’s Guide
- 4-H Science videos
- 4-H Virtual Farm
- Aerospace & Rocketry Educational Organizations
- Aerospace Adventures series
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H GPS and GIS Project Snapshot (4H1653)
- Michigan 4-H Physical Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1639)
- Michigan 4-H Robotics Project Snapshot (4H1623)
- No Child Left Inside: 4-H Introduces Kids to a World of Nature
- Safety First! Eye & Face Protection in MSU Laboratories
- Science & Technology Educational Organizations
- State and national 4-H websites
- Tollgate Education Farm Center