The open house and Science Blast will help more people discover what 4-H has to offer and have fun with science at the same time.
Balloons that blow themselves up will be our hands-on-demonstration.
Utilizing the National 4-H's Science Day materials "Rockets to the Rescue" you will create a rocket to transport food abnd rescue items.
This workshop is being offered to help 4-H members create visibility for their efforts and tell their story in a compelling and meaningful way.
Be energized at this workshop with new ideas for working with youth in arts, crafts, sewing and textile projects.
Registered youth will construct a rocket to transport food and supplies during a national disaster.
Science & Technology
Science can be defined as the study of the world around us; a thread that runs through all aspects of our lives. Science is the theory that lies behind all 4-H projects. Technology can be defined as the tools and applications of science that help individuals advance their world and their own development.
The strength of 4-H lies in its strong volunteer base, its emphasis on hands-on experiential learning opportunities, programs that connect learning to real-life situations and its connection to the Land-Grant University system.
The Michigan 4-H science and technology program area cuts across all program and project areas. It is also specific projects in 4-H such as aerospace, computers, small engines, electricity, electronics, astronomy and robotics.
Visit the National 4-H Council for science education information.
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or
Jacob DeDecker, Program Leader
- 2013 Michigan 4-H Impact Reports
- 4-H Science Blast in the Class! Teacher’s Guide
- 4-H Science videos
- 4-H Virtual Farm
- Aerospace & Rocketry Educational Organizations
- Aerospace Adventures series
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Physical Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1639)
- Michigan 4-H Robotics Project Snapshot (4H1623)
- No Child Left Inside: 4-H Introduces Kids to a World of Nature
- Safety First! Eye & Face Protection in MSU Laboratories
- Science & Technology Educational Organizations
- State and national 4-H websites
- Tollgate Education Farm Center