Be energized at this workshop with new ideas for working with youth in arts, crafts, sewing and textile projects.
This webinar explores barriers to conversations about race, strategies for engaging in healthy dialogue, and resources for creating settings that are safe, affirming and fair.
Learn from others and share expertise with professionals from New Mexico and Michigan during interdisciplinary conversations and facilitated discussions.
Participants will share and develop valuable knowledge and skills related to youth leadership, civic engagement, global citizenship, and international cultures.
Global & Cultural Education
Helping young people to explore and to appreciate what people around the world have in common and what makes them unique is critically important in society today. Michigan 4-H offers a variety of opportunities for kids and adults to learn more about our global community through:
- The 4-H China Project
- 4-H International Exchange Programs
- 4-H Backpack to Adventure: Youth Leaders in a Global World
- Global Youth Institute
“The challenges that face the world today – from global poverty and climate change to financial systems and conflict – require globally minded solutions. Global competency skills are necessary so that young people can invent a future that appropriately addresses global challenges.”
– van Fleet & Winthrop, 2010
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office.
- 2013 Michigan 4-H Impact Reports
- 4-H Backpack to Adventure: Youth Leaders in a Global World (4H1643)
- 4-H Children’s Art Exchange Study Guide
- 4-H Children’s Art Exchange: Descriptions of Pictures - Kit A
- 4-H China Art Exchange Powerpoint
- A Guide to 4-H Youth County Exchange Programs
- Chinese Children’s Ribbon Dance Kit for Grades K–6
- Discover Chinese Dance Activity Kit for Grades K–6
- Family Folklore: A 4-H Folkpatterns Project (4H1330)
- Folkpatterns 4-H Leader’s Guide (4H1506)
- Food, Culture & Reading: A Facilitators Guide for Grades 4-6
- Foodways: A 4-H Folkpatterns Project (4H1329)
- Global Youth Institute
- Heritage Gardening: Vegetables (4H1279)
- International 4-H Youth Exchange (IFYE)
- Japan Summer Inbound Exchange
- Japan Summer Outbound Exchange
- Michigan 4-H History Project Collection Manual & Oral History Interviewing Guide (4H1598)
- Passport to the World
- Poland Outbound Exchange
- School-Year Hosting Programs
- State and national 4-H websites
- Windows on Asian Culture
- ¡Qué Rico! LaCultura Latino Cultural Arts Bilingual Group Activities for Youth K-8