The 2014 Festival will feature topics spanning the science spectrum, from astonomy to human behavior to robotics to zoology. Presentations are designed to excite your mind.
Join the 4-H Backpack to Adventure…Let the Youth Global Leader Journey Begin! Teens (13 and older) and adult volunteer leaders are invited to participate.
This MSU pre-college program gives young people a chance to experience college life, learn new ideas and skills, and meet people from across Michigan.
Join us for a great weekend of camping, with OR without your horse!! We offer lots of activities!
This MSU pre-college program gives young people a chance to explore ideas, research and opportunities in the field of energy as it relates to natural resources and agriculture
Environmental & Outdoor Education
Journey through field, forest, wetlands and urban areas to discover the wonders and mysteries of Michigan’s natural environment. Through 4-H environmental and outdoor education projects you will learn about the interconnection of people and nature. You’ll also develop respect and appreciation for and a sense of stewardship toward our natural resources. Enjoy time outdoors and develop an understanding and appreciation of the environment through three core theme areas:
- Basic science and ecology
- Interrelationships and impacts
- Health, wellness and positive outdoor experiences
The following 4-H EOE project areas incorporate these themes into their learning activities:
- Entomology (Insects)
- Great Lakes & Natural Resources Camp
- Junior Citizen Planner
- The Michigan 4-H Youth Conservation Council
- Outdoor Adventure Challenge
- Shooting Sports
Awards, Contests, Grants & Career Preparation Opportunities
Opportunities related to 4-H Environmental and Outdoor Education abound! For more information check 4-H Environmental & Outdoor Education Awards, Contests, Grants & Career Preparation Opportunities listing for 2014.
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or:
Nick Baumgart, Extension Educator
Environmental & Outdoor Education & Shooting Sports
Michigan State University Extension
527 Stephenson St.
Norway, MI 49870
- 4-H Entomology Class & Order Labels (4H1331)
- 4-H Entomology Labels (4H1231)
- 4-H Entomology Leader’s Guide
- 4-H Entomology Record & Report (4H1393)
- 4-H Science Blast in the Class! Teacher’s Guide
- 4-H TRACKERS
- Advanced Entomological Techniques Member’s Guide: 4-H Entomology Series (4H1336)
- Basic Entomology Member’s Guide: 4-H Entomology Series (4H1335)
- Eat Healthy! Be Active! Play Outside! Enjoy Nature! Make Friends! Youth Activity Sampler
- Entomology Organizations & Websites
- Entomology – Insectaganza of Excitement series
- Guide for Creating an Effective 4-H Youth Conservation Council
- Insect Life Cycle Studies Member’s Manual 3 (4H1406)
- Junior Citizen Planner Curriculum
- Kaleidoscope: Just Outside the Door Leader’s Guide (4H1460)
- Kaleidoscope: Just Outside the Door Member’s Packet (4H1461)
- Member’s Personal 4-H Record Book (4H1192)
- Michigan 4-H Entomology Project Snapshot (4H1631)
- No Child Left Inside: 4-H Introduces Kids to a World of Nature
- Priming the Pipeline: Lessons from Promising 4-H Science Programs
- Septic Educational Program To Instill Conservation (SEPTIC)
- The Walk: Taking Your Youth Outdoors for Environmental Stewardship & Learning (4H1593)