Join us for a one-hour online training opportunity held during nap time. Connect through your computer and learn about children and play!
Join our staff for a one-hour online training opportunity held during nap time. Connect through your computer and learn about alternatives to anger with young children.
Join our staff for a one-hour online training opportunity held during nap time. Connect through your computer and learn about social emotional development of young children!
Sessions will provide youth with opportunities to learn about 4-H projects, life skills, the Four-H’s of 4-H, and other Michigan activities and events for 5-8 year old youth.
Cloverbuds (Ages 5-8)
Think you’re too young to be in 4-H?
Our youngest 4-H’ers aren’t quite ready to participate in many of the project areas and/or activities that their older brothers and sisters can, but there’s still plenty for them to do in 4-H, starting with fun!
The emphasis is on participation, learning and teamwork, not competition. They might learn about nutrition while helping to prepare simple snacks, plant seeds and learn what to do to help them grow, or help with animal grooming and feeding (with supervision).
Cloverbuds also provide opportunities for older youth to mentor and help a younger 4-H’er be successful, and start laying the groundwork for their future “career” as a 4-H member.
With Cloverbuds, safety comes first, and all of the activities are developmentally appropriate for this age group.
To learn about Cloverbud participation opportunities in your area, contact your closest MSU Extension office.
Sheila Urban Smith, 4-H program leader
- 2013 Michigan 4-H Impact Reports
- 4-H Clover Catcher Activity Handout
- 4-H Virtual Farm
- Eat Healthy! Be Active! Play Outside! Enjoy Nature! Make Friends! Youth Activity Sampler
- Kaleidoscope Overview Leader’s Guide (4H1459)
- Kaleidoscope: Just Outside the Door Leader’s Guide (4H1460)
- Kaleidoscope: Just Outside the Door Member’s Packet (4H1461)
- Michigan 4-H Children’s Garden
- Michigan 4-H Cloverbud Program Policy Information
- Service and Cloverbuds – A Great Fit
- Youth Development: 5- to 8-Year-Olds