Participants will share and develop valuable knowledge and skills related to youth leadership, civic engagement, global citizenship, and international cultures.
Interested in exploring photography?
Express yourself through creative art projects! Have fun while gaining skills and confidence by drawing, painting, taking photos, working with wood or making crafts. 4-H visual arts includes crafts, fine arts, photography and woodworking.
4-H Children’s Art Exchange with China
Kindergartners to sixth graders are invited to send “visual letters” to children their own age in China. Teaching kits are available to facilitate teaching about both China and making art. For more information, check out the Michigan 4-H China Project and the online exhibit, “Visual Letters–The Art of Michigan Children.”
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office
- 4-H Arts Project Evaluation Guidelines for Youth Aged 9 to 19
- Chinese Children’s Ribbon Dance Kit for Grades K–6
- Communications Toolkit: Fun, Skill-Building Activities to Do With Kids (4H1560)
- Discover Chinese Dance Activity Kit for Grades K–6
- Michigan 4-H Photography Project Snapshot (4H1617)
- Youth Take the Stage: An Introduction to Interactive Theatre (4H1608)