Style Revue is an opportunity for 4-H members to show off garments (wearable items) they have constructed either by sewing, crocheting or knitting.
The Oakland County 4-H Fashion Revue is an opportunity for 4-H members to showcase their many skills in making and selecting fashionable attire.
This MSU pre-college program gives young people a chance to experience college life, learn new ideas and skills, and meet people from across Michigan.
Express your creativity! Draw, paint, take photos, dance, clown, make music, work with wood or make crafts. Have fun and gain self-confidence as you build your performing and visual art skills.
Did You Know…
Young people who participate in the arts for at least three days each week for at least one year are:
- Four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
- Three times more likely to be elected to class office within their schools
- Four times more likely to participate in a math and science fair
- Three times more likely to win an award for school attendance
- Four times more likely to win an award for writing an essay or poem
Source: Americans for the Arts, 2009
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office
Michigan 4-H Youth Development
- 4-H Arts Project Evaluation Guidelines for Youth Aged 9 to 19
- 4-H Children’s Art Exchange Study Guide
- 4-H Children’s Art Exchange: Descriptions of Pictures - Kit A
- 4-H China Art Exchange Powerpoint
- 4-H Visual Arts Resources from the National 4-H Mall
- Chinese Children’s Ribbon Dance Kit for Grades K–6
- Discover Chinese Dance Activity Kit for Grades K–6
- Drama & Theater Organizations
- Family Folklore: A 4-H Folkpatterns Project (4H1330)
- Folkpatterns 4-H Leader’s Guide (4H1506)
- Foodways: A 4-H Folkpatterns Project (4H1329)
- Heritage Gardening: Vegetables (4H1279)
- Michigan 4-H History Project Collection Manual & Oral History Interviewing Guide (4H1598)
- Michigan 4-H Photography Project Snapshot (4H1617)
- Michigan Arts Organizations
- Youth Take the Stage: An Introduction to Interactive Theatre (4H1608)