The 2014 Festival will feature topics spanning the science spectrum, from astonomy to human behavior to robotics to zoology. Presentations are designed to excite your mind.
This MSU pre-college program gives young people a chance to experience college life, learn new ideas and skills, and meet people from across Michigan.
Dairying has come a long way since every family had a cow or two! If you want to be part of the dairy industry of the future, you have to prepare yourself for all phases of dairy technology. In a 4-H dairy cattle project, you’ll explore the technology related to the production, manufacturing and marketing of dairy products, and learn about scientific dairy research and related agribusinesses.
Agriculture is a big player in Michigan’s economy and future prosperity—and dairy is an important part of agriculture. Working on 4-H dairy projects could do more than get you a ribbon at the county fair. It could give you a start on a great career!
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or,
Melissa Elischer, 4-H Dairy Educator
Phone: (517) 432-4306
MSU Department of Animal Science
- 4-H Animal Project Record for Beginning Members (4H1457)
- 4-H Animal Science Anywhere
- 4-H Livestock Record Book for Intermediate and Advanced Members (4H1177)
- Animal Judges Lists and Permission Forms
- Dairy Cattle Organizations
- Feed Record Card (4H1277)
- Member’s Personal 4-H Record Book (4H1192)
- Michigan 4-H Dairy Cattle Project Snapshot (4H1615)
- Michigan 4-H Judging Cards (4-H1293–96)
- Veterinary Science Organizations