Explore animal systems and learn about animal health for a broad array of animals species.
Learn about real-world dairy management topics, like nutrition, reproduction, welfare, health, and dairy cattle evaluation.
Join other Michigan teens as they participate at 4-H Animal and Veterinary Science Camp this summer.
Join other Michigan youth to experience college life, learn new ideas, and build skills needed for future success. 200+ action-filled classroom & field trip sessions offered.
Dairying has come a long way since every family had a cow or two! If you want to be part of the dairy industry of the future, you have to prepare yourself for all phases of dairy technology. In a 4-H dairy cattle project, you’ll explore the technology related to the production, manufacturing and marketing of dairy products, and learn about scientific dairy research and related agribusinesses.
Agriculture is a big player in Michigan’s economy and future prosperity—and dairy is an important part of agriculture. Working on 4-H dairy projects could do more than get you a ribbon at the county fair. It could give you a start on a great career!
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or,
Melissa Elischer, 4-H Dairy Educator
Phone: (517) 432-4306
MSU Department of Animal Science
- 4-H Animal Science Anywhere
- Animal Judges Lists and Permission Forms
- Dairy Cattle Organizations
- Feed Record Card (4H1277)
- Michigan 4-H Animal Marketing Project Record Book
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Dairy Cattle Lease
- Michigan 4-H Dairy Cattle Project Snapshot (4H1615)
- Michigan 4-H Judging Cards (4-H1293–96)
- Veterinary Science Organizations
- Zoonotic Disease