Location: Novi, Michigan
Two days of dairy & milk marketing tours, presentations and archives. For more information, click on the Marketing Tour title above and view this Marketing Tour Flyer.
Location: Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
Annual MSU pre-college program that attracts approximately 2500 youth participants and chaperones representing all 83 Michigan counties.
Dairying has come a long way since every family had a cow or two! If you want to be part of the dairy industry of the future, you have to prepare yourself for all phases of dairy technology. In a 4-H dairy cattle project, you’ll explore the technology related to the production, manufacturing and marketing of dairy products, and learn about scientific dairy research and related agribusinesses.
Agriculture is a big player in Michigan’s economy and future prosperity—and dairy is an important part of agriculture. Working on 4-H dairy projects could do more than get you a ribbon at the county fair. It could give you a start on a great career!
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or,
Jacob DeDecker, PhD, 4-H Program Leader
Phone: (517) 432-7604
MSU Department of Animal Science
- 4-H Animal Project Record for Beginning Members (4H1457)
- 4-H Livestock Record Book for Intermediate and Advanced Members (4H1177)
- Animal Judges Lists and Permission Forms
- Dairy Cattle Organizations
- Feed Record Card (4H1277)
- How do proposed changes to federal child labor laws affect you? (10/17/11)
- Member’s Personal 4-H Record Book (4H1192)
- Michigan 4-H Dairy Cattle Project Snapshot (4H1615)
- Michigan 4-H Judging Cards (4-H1293–96)
- Recommendations for Managing Public-Animal Contact
- Veterinary Science Organizations