Join other Michigan teens as they participate at 4-H Animal and Veterinary Science Camp this summer.
Join other Michigan youth to experience college life, learn new ideas, and build skills needed for future success. 200+ action-filled classroom & field trip sessions offered.
Your pet—your dog or cat or bird or even your turtle!—could be the perfect 4-H project for you. You may think you know all there is to know about Fido or Fluffy, but through 4-H, you could learn so much more.
Or how about raising a puppy to become a Leader Dog or a special friend and companion for someone with a disability? It might hurt to give away an animal you’ve worked with so hard, but just imagine how good you’ll feel inside knowing how much you’ve enriched someone else’s life!
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or:
Katie Ockert, 4-H Animal Science Educator
Phone: (517) 432-5270
- 4-H Dog Junior Showmanship Manual (4H1523)
- 4-H Dog Patch Program
- 4-H Dog Project Member’s Record Book (4H1213)
- Animal Judges Lists and Permission Forms
- Companion Animal Organizations
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Cat Project Snapshot (4H1640)
- Michigan 4-H Dog Agility Manual (4H1647)
- Michigan 4-H Dog Project Snapshot (4H1610)
- Veterinary Science Organizations
- Zoonotic Disease