Utilize your market livestock project to learn important business skills.
Your market livestock project can be utalized to teach many different business skills.
During this workshop, you will have the opportunity to participate in a great, hands-on workshop focused on fine-tuning your skills for interviewing volunteers.
The Michigan 4-H State Poultry Show is designed for young people aged 9-19 who want an experience showing their birds and poultry project in breed and showmanship classes.
Join other Michigan teens as they participate at 4-H Animal and Veterinary Science Camp this summer.
Join other Michigan youth to experience college life, learn new ideas, and build skills needed for future success. 200+ action-filled classroom & field trip sessions offered.
Curious how many eggs chickens lay?
Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to a gentleman on the other side. When the chicken asked, “What’s your name?” the gentleman replied, “Bond. James Bond. What’s yours?” The chicken responded, “Ken. Chic Ken.”
Seriously, if you’ve ever pondered the question of which came first, the chicken or the egg, you’ll have the chance to try to discover the answer when you participate in a 4-H poultry project. If chickens aren’t your style, you could try turkeys, ducks, geese, pheasants, pigeons or coturnix (Japanese quail).
Come on! Don’t be a chicken! Be a good egg and give it a try!
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or:
Katie Ockert, 4-H Animal Science Educator
- 2011 Bi State Poultry Clinic Medical-Media Release Form
- 2011 Poultry Palooza Results
- 4-H Poultry Fitting & Showmanship Leader’s Guide (4H1521)
- 4-H Poultry Fitting & Showmanship Member’s Guide (4H1520)
- Animal Judges Lists and Permission Forms
- Avian Influenza – Michigan’s Preparation & Response (E2965)
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Michigan 4-H Poultry Project Snapshot (4H1612)
- Poultry Organizations
- Veterinary Science Organizations
- Zoonotic Disease