This workshop will cover several goat science related topics.
Explore animal systems and learn about animal health for a broad array of animals species.
Goats—dairy type, pygmy, Angora and Boer—make great 4-H projects. They are relatively easy to handle, interesting and inexpensive to keep. In addition to learning about traditional animal care in a 4-H goat project, you can explore the use of products that come from goats such as milk, meat and fiber. You also can participate in activities such as quiz bowl, skillathon and judging, that don’t require you to own a goat.
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or:
Katie (VanderKolk) Ockert, 4-H Animal Science Educator
- 4-H Animal Project Record for Beginning Members (4H1457)
- 4-H Animal Science Anywhere
- 4-H Goat Quiz Bowl Resources
- 4-H Livestock Record Book for Intermediate and Advanced Members (4H1177)
- Animal Judges Lists and Permission Forms
- Feed Record Card (4H1277)
- Goat Organizations
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Goat Project Snapshot (4H1611)
- Michigan 4-H Judging Cards (4-H1293–96)
- Pygmy Goat Basic Owner’s Manual
- Veterinary Science Organizations
- Your 4-H Angora Goat Project