Location: MSU Campus, East Lansing, MI 48824
The 2014 Festival will feature topics spanning the science spectrum, from astonomy to human behavior to robotics to zoology. Presentations are designed to excite your mind.
Location: Michigan State University Campus, East Lansing, MI 48824
This MSU pre-college program gives young people a chance to experience college life, learn new ideas and skills, and meet people from across Michigan.
Location: MSU Pavilion South Barn, 4301 Farm Lane, East Lansing, MI 48910
Michigan 4-H members have the opportunity to compete in showmanship and breed classes as well as pack, obstacle and driving.
Goats—dairy type, pygmy, Angora and Boer—make great 4-H projects. They are relatively easy to handle, interesting and inexpensive to keep. In addition to learning about traditional animal care in a 4-H goat project, you can explore the use of products that come from goats such as milk, meat and fiber. You also can participate in activities such as quiz bowl, skillathon and judging, that don’t require you to own a goat.
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or:
Katie VanderKolk, 4-H Animal Science Educator
- 4-H Animal Project Record for Beginning Members (4H1457)
- 4-H Goat Quiz Bowl Resources
- 4-H Livestock Record Book for Intermediate and Advanced Members (4H1177)
- Animal Judges Lists and Permission Forms
- Feed Record Card (4H1277)
- Goat Organizations
- Member’s Personal 4-H Record Book (4H1192)
- Michigan 4-H Goat Project Snapshot (4H1611)
- Michigan 4-H Judging Cards (4-H1293–96)
- Pygmy Goat Basic Owner’s Manual
- Veterinary Science Organizations
- Your 4-H Angora Goat Project