Explore animal systems and learn about animal health for a broad array of animals species.
Join other Michigan teens as they participate at 4-H Animal and Veterinary Science Camp this summer.
Join other Michigan youth to experience college life, learn new ideas, and build skills needed for future success. 200+ action-filled classroom & field trip sessions offered.
Goats—dairy type, pygmy, Angora and Boer—make great 4-H projects. They are relatively easy to handle, interesting and inexpensive to keep. In addition to learning about traditional animal care in a 4-H goat project, you can explore the use of products that come from goats such as milk, meat and fiber. You also can participate in activities such as quiz bowl, skillathon and judging, that don’t require you to own a goat.
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or:
Katie Ockert, 4-H Animal Science Educator
- 4-H Animal Science Anywhere
- 4-H Goat Quiz Bowl Resources
- Animal Judges Lists and Permission Forms
- Feed Record Card (4H1277)
- Fundamentals of Running Youth Livestock Shows
- Goat Organizations
- Michigan 4-H Animal Marketing Project Record Book
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Goat Project Snapshot (4H1611)
- Michigan 4-H Judging Cards (4-H1293–96)
- Pygmy Goat Basic Owner’s Manual
- Veterinary Science Organizations
- Your 4-H Angora Goat Project
- Zoonotic Disease