Explore animal systems and learn about animal health for a broad array of animals species.
Utilize your market livestock project to learn important business skills.
Your market livestock project can be utalized to teach many different business skills.
This event includes contests in judging, quiz bowl, skillathon, creative writing and problem-solving.
Join other Michigan teens as they participate at 4-H Animal and Veterinary Science Camp this summer.
Join other Michigan youth to experience college life, learn new ideas, and build skills needed for future success. 200+ action-filled classroom & field trip sessions offered.
Ever wonder why a goat has a beard?
Goats—dairy type, pygmy, Angora and Boer—make great 4-H projects. They are relatively easy to handle, interesting and inexpensive to keep. In addition to learning about traditional animal care in a 4-H goat project, you can explore the use of products that come from goats such as milk, meat and fiber. You also can participate in activities such as quiz bowl, skillathon and judging, that don’t require you to own a goat.
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or:
Katie Ockert, 4-H Animal Science Educator
- 4-H Animal Science Anywhere
- 4-H Goat Quiz Bowl Resources
- Animal Judges Lists and Permission Forms
- Feed Record Card (4H1277)
- Fundamentals of Running Youth Livestock Shows
- Goat Organizations
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Goat Project Snapshot (4H1611)
- Michigan 4-H Judging Cards (4-H1293–96)
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Pygmy Goat Basic Owner’s Manual
- Veterinary Science Organizations
- Your 4-H Angora Goat Project
- Zoonotic Disease