This event includes contests in judging, quiz bowl, skillathon, creative writing and problem-solving.
Ever wonder why a goat has a beard?
Goats—dairy type, pygmy, Angora and Boer—make great 4-H projects. They are relatively easy to handle, interesting and inexpensive to keep. In addition to learning about traditional animal care in a 4-H goat project, you can explore the use of products that come from goats such as milk, meat and fiber. You also can participate in activities such as quiz bowl, skillathon and judging, that don’t require you to own a goat.
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or:
Katie Ockert, 4-H Animal Science Educator
- 4-H Animal Science Anywhere
- 4-H Goat Quiz Bowl Resources
- Animal Care and Well-Being
- Animal Judges Lists and Permission Forms
- Be Healthy at the Fair Sign
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Goat Project Snapshot (4H1611)
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Pygmy Goat Basic Owner’s Manual
- Your 4-H Angora Goat Project
- Zoonotic Disease