Michigan 4-H State Shooting Sports Tournament
“4-H State Shoot”
This annual event provides Michigan 4-H shooting sports members with the opportunity to test their skills and earn recognition with other 4-H members from all over the state.
|BB Gun||Air Rifle||.22 Rifle|
|Target Archery||3-D Archery|
When: Saturday, August 3, 2013
Where: Centerline of Calhoun, Inc.
Tournament Rules, Information & Registration Forms
Registration details, general tournament rules, division information (ages), event specific rules, awards presentation, and more.
- County staff must have all registrations entered on-line by Tuesday, July 9, 2013. Therefore, participants MUST have their registration forms and payment into their County 4-H Office by the date set for their County prior to July 8, 2013.
- Registration fee is $20/youth participant.
- Registration confirmation will be sent to the email address entered on the competitors’ registration. It is the competitor’s responsibility to make sure they check their email to confirm they are registered for the correct event. No changes will be made after July 11th.
- Absolutely no late or on-site registration changes will be permitted.
- Counties must register at least one adult volunteer for every five youth registered.
Competitor/Equipment check-in and shooting times will vary depending on the range and event.
Check-In Times for Ranges: See Relay/Squad page
Volunteer check-in will occur at the range to which you’ve been assigned. If you are unable to fulfill your assigned volunteer job, YOU are responsible for finding a replacement. Notify the range event coordinators of any substitutions upon check in. Awards will be presented on site approximately one hour after all events have finished. Breakfast, lunch, snacks and the famous root beer floats will be available for purchase from the gun club at a very reasonable price. Please help support Centerline of Calhoun by taking advantage of Judy’s great cooking!
- Target archery volunteer orientation at range at 8:30am (morning shift) and 10:30 am (“afternoon” shift).
3-D archery volunteer orientation at 3-D range at 7:30am
- BB and Air Rifle volunteer orientations (registrars, range officers, scorers) at 8:00 am. at rifle range; .22 Rifle orientation is at 9:00 am.
The Volunteer assignments will be posted here approximately one week before the tournament.
Relays & Squads
The relay and squad rosters will be posted here approximately one week before the tournament.
Centerline of Calhoun, Inc. Directions
Please use the directions posted on the Centerline website; many a car has gone astray following Mapquest, Google Maps or Garmin/GPS directions!
Many thanks to Centerline and Members for hosting us again this year!!
Lodging, Camping, Local Attractions
- Marshall Area Chamber of Commerce: (http://www.marshallmi.org/ )
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce: (http://www.charlottechamber-mi.org/ )
- Battle Creek Chamber of Commerce (www.battlecreek.org)
- Eaton Co fairgrounds: modern camping available (http://www.eatoncountyfair.com/camping.html)
- Calhoun Co Fairgrounds: rustic camping available (http://www.calhouncountyfair.org/)
Nick Baumgart, Extension Educator
Environmental & Outdoor Education & Shooting Sports
Michigan State University Extension
527 Stephenson St.
Norway, MI 49870
Also see the 2013 Tournament Rules page for contact information for Event Coordinators, who can provide discipline specific information.
Check back regularly for updates to event information. Details and documents will be posted as they become available.