Becoming an Authorized 4-H Group & Maintaining That Status

posted on February 17, 2012

All 4-H entities (such as clubs, councils, boards and committees) must go through a three-part authorization process in order to operate under the name of 4-H and receive tax-exempt, nonprofit status from the Internal Revenue Service. Step 1 is to obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS. Step 2 is applying for and receiving a 4-H charter. Step 3 is having Michigan State University certify to the IRS that the club or group is a 4-H entity. This bulletin is designed to walk organizers through the authorization process. (15 pages, 2012) BecomingAuth4-HGrpandMaintainingStatus.pdf

Social Media
RSS instagram twitter Youtube Facebook
4-H Youth Development | Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture | 446 W. Circle Drive Room 160 | East Lansing, MI, 48824 | .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)